As a Catholic high school in the Diocese of St. Augustine, we seek to provide an equal opportunity for each student, in a challenging academic environment, to become a knowledgeable, self-directed, compassionate Christian, able to face the challenges of the future with faith, hope, and love.
St. Joseph Academy graduates will be morally responsible persons with a well-developed commitment to social justice and an enhanced faith in Jesus Christ. They will be ready to face the 21st century historically grounded by a rigorous educational experience.
We believe that:
- Jesus Christ is the chief teacher and model of our school.
- The community of St. Joseph Academy is open to any qualified student who desires to pursue a challenging high school career that prepares him/her for higher education and who has shown a willingness to live by Christian values and conduct.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique spiritual, physical, social, emotional, and intellectual talents and needs.
- Students are responsible and accountable for the decisions they make.
- Students learn in different ways and are to be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Positive reinforcement builds students’ self-respect and respect for others. A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes learning.